The Warrior Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Warrior Cats

Here, you'll discover what it's like to be a real cat in the wild. Whether you're a warrior or a medicine cat, your adventures will be testing your skills and keeping you on your paws. Do you have what it takes to be a Warrior?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Play

Go down 
+8
silverwing
Stefanie
Andrew
FrostFur
Moonpelt
Brightstar
Jennifer
Brambleshadow
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Brambleshadow
Admin
Brambleshadow

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Character sheet
Name: Brambleshadow
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue9999/9999How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)
Clan: StarClan

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Well here's the rules on how to play this roleplaying game. Remember that the words in BOLD mean that you can break that rule. It’s either a non-written rule or the leader could make it a rule. (The rules will change eventually for that we’ll have more members and less to no NPC’s)

Content:
1. Starting off
i. Before you Begin
ii. Visit StarClan
iii. Character Sheet
iv. Being a Kit
v. After the Kit Life

1. Starting Off
i. Before you begin

Before you ever start role playing, here are some things you should know and do.
- Read the “Rules” page and “The Warrior Code” page.
- Memorize at least 4 rules of the Warrior Code even though I have the Code already written for you in another forum. That way I know that you'll less likely break the Code.
- Know at least one of the cats, like Firestar or Tallstar (rule for thoughs who haven’t read Warriors).
- Know the strengths and/or abilities of each Clan.
After you do all of that, then you’ll be ready to play along with everyone and meet StarClan.

ii. Visit StarClan
Go to the StarClan page. Their, you’ll be asked eight questions. After answering the questions, you may browse around and wait until StarClan has given you a name and the Clan you’ll be in. You can make two characters, but if your characters are in different Clans, pretend that one character has no clue what the other is up to. Example below (all the answers are false about me incase you’re wondering.):

StarClan questions:
What’s your first and last initial? GR
What’s your favorite color? Red
Who’s your favorite Warrior’s cat out of all the books? Blackstar
What element is your favorite? Fire
What’s your favorite number? 26
Which Clan is your favorite? LionClan
Do you concentrate more on strength, dexterity, or constitution? Strength
Which is more you, intelligent, wise, or charisma? Charisma

About question 1, you may make up the initials of your first and last name.
About question 6, you may use any Clan. By that I mean that you may use TigerClan, LionClan, and BloodClan as well as the original five.

iii. Character Sheet
When you think you’ve waited long enough (could take between 30 minutes – 4 hours. My appologize in advance if you had to wait a few extra hours), you can check the StarClan page to see if StarClan has given you your name and all. When you get some of your information about your character, go to the Clan that you were assigned to. Then go to “Members of Clan” form. There you’ll find all your information. You start off as a kit, but only for a few days. Example below (Remember, this is mostly false info on me.)
Name: Crookedkit Clan: ShadowClan Rank: Kit
Eyes: Green Fur: White w/ brown spots
Hit Points: 13/13 Strength: 9 Dexterity: 4
Wounds: None Hunting Skill: 2% Fighting Skill: 5%

I’ll show you what each part of the sheet means. The name is your characters name. The surname, or the second part of your name, is the only part that changes from time to time. The Clan shows what Clan you’re in, just incase you randomly forgot which Clan you’re in, even though you’re in the Clan at that moment. This is the only place to find out your info. You can switch to a different Clan if you want. It might be rough though, since you could be attacked from both sides. You could instead get lucky, having the two Clans agree on having you leave and taking you. If you ask me, I’d stick with the Clan StarClan put me in, but it might be worth it to you.
The eyes and fur is something that can easily be changed. It’ll be filled in as a color when you first get it, but if you want to change the fur and/or eyes, then put what color you want them in the “prayer request” form in StarClan. StarClan will then change your appearance. NOTE: Once you become an apprentice you can’t change your disguise.
The Rank shows… Well, your rank. Here are the positions you could get: Kit, Apprentice, Medicine Cat Apprentice, Warrior, Medicine Cat, Deputy, Leader, Queen, and Elder.
Your health points tell you your total health on the left and the remaining health on the right. If your health points go to zero, you die and you’re sent to StarClan, unless you’re a leader. We’ll explain death later. Your health points can drain from attacks, extremely hungry or thirsty, infected wounds, and many other ways. They can be healed by a medicine cat. They should know what to do to get your health points back to maximum and fix your injuries and infections.
Death goes with strength and dexterity as well. There’s no maximum set (although I won’t have you become ultra strong), but when it gets to zero, you die. They can be drained by infections, injuries, exhaustion, tiredness, and more. Again, a medicine cat should be able to help you get your strength and dexterity back up.
You should make sure you’re not going hungry or thirsty. If you don’t keep an eye on it, you could start losing your health points. To eat, go to the “Prey Pile” thread. Their, you can hunt for food and put it into the Pile. There is a record their somewhere showing how much prey your Clan has (updated everyday). There’s an explanation about hunting in the thread. After you hunt, you may take some prey from the prey pile. If you haven’t hunted before you eat and someone catches you, you’ll be in trouble and punished since that’s breaking the warrior code (Punishment is explained later in the rules), unless you’re an elder or kit.
Make sure you’re not wounded. If you are, it’ll say where the wound is and how badly hurt it is. If it’s serious, you’ll probably not be able to walk, if a leg is broken, or talk, if your jaw is broken, and so on.
The hunting and fighting percentages tells you how well you do in that category. The higher the percentage, the better you are at it. To get your percentage to rise, practice on those skills. Sitting around doing nothing will only make your percentage lower down.
Each Clan does something better than the other three. Here is each Clan’s ability:
ThunderClan- Fighting and hunting percentage rises 5% faster. They get 3 extra points on strength as well.
ShadowClan- Has a stealth percentage. The higher the percentage, the better chance of sneaking up on another cat at night. Fighting percentage rises 5% faster. They get 4 extra points on dexterity at night (which is between 6pm-6am) and 2 extra points on their health point max.
WindClan- Hunting percentage rises 10% faster. They get 3 extra points on dexterity.
RiverClan- Has a swimming percentage. The higher the percentage, the better chance of not drowning. Medicine cats have a better chance of healing another cat. They get 1 extra point on strength and 10 extra points on their health point max.

iv. Being a Kit

When you finally sign in and begin, you’ll start off as a Kit. Your abilities are much weaker than most. You can’t go hunting, fighting, or sneaking out. If you’re a RiverClan cat, you can practice swimming. You’ll more than likely drown though, but that shouldn’t be a problem if someone is there to watch over you. You can’t post in any of the topics (except in the news and advertise section), for that’ll be like wondering away from the nursing den, and the nursing den is the only place the kits can be. You’ll have either two NPC's randomly choosen by me, Brambleshadow, or two members that are mates will be your father and mother. You’ll be a kit within for a few days, depending on how much you post. After you’ve posted a number of times, you’ll become an apprentice.

v. After Being a Kit
After you're a kit, you'll become an apprentice. You'll receive a PM that will show you a new set of rules on how to play. You'll learn how to fight, hunt, and all that sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://thewarriorcats.forumotion.com
11_Cat_L

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: What is PM?   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Could someone tell me what PM is?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jennifer

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Character sheet
Name: Moonpaw
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue12/12How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)
Clan: ThunderClan

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 pm

PM is sort for Private Message. To do that just click "Message" on the top of the page and PM someone.
Back to top Go down
Brambleshadow
Admin
Brambleshadow

Character sheet
Health Points:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:28 pm

Yes, exactly what she said.
Back to top Go down
Brightstar
Leader
Leader
Brightstar

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Character sheet
Name: Brightstar
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue292/292How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (292/292)
Clan: WindClan

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   How to Play Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Thanks for telling me what PM is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moonpelt
Kit
Kit

Number of posts : 2
Humor : Yo what up!
Registration date : 2007-10-13

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 am

Where are the questions
Back to top Go down
Brambleshadow
Admin
Brambleshadow

Character sheet
Health Points:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Under this forum. It says FAQ.
Back to top Go down
FrostFur
Kit
Kit
FrostFur

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue10/10How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: I can't get to the starclan page!!   How to Play Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 6:41 pm

Question Neutral
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Kit
Kit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-30

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 am

How do I start in a camp
Back to top Go down
Stefanie
Leader
Leader
Stefanie

Number of posts : 287
Job/hobbies : taking care of my clan. i have a loyal, but sometimes annoying, apprentice too.
Humor : shadowclan cats dont have much humor.
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Character sheet
Name: Mosspaw
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue15/15How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Clan: ShadowClan

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 11:52 am

well, first you have to take starclans 9 questions, once youve done that brambleshadow will send you a character sheet with 3 names that you get to pick from and your clan. hope that helps, by the way, it might take brambleshadow a while to get to your character sheet, after all, there is A LOT of other members! cat really hope that helps you. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverwing
Apprentice
Apprentice
silverwing

Number of posts : 1548
Job/hobbies : swimming and running
Humor : ya. yup. mm hm. So hows ur life goin?
Registration date : 2007-10-25

Character sheet
Name: Silverkit
Health Points:
How to Play Left_bar_bleue14/14How to Play Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Clan: ThunderClan

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:27 pm

how long is apprenticship?
Back to top Go down
http://warriorcat1.wetpaint.com
Shadow Claw
Kit
Kit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-10

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: help   How to Play Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 pm

where is the star clan qustions
Back to top Go down
Blacksnow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blacksnow

Number of posts : 254
Job/hobbies : soccer
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:25 am

im confsued
Back to top Go down
http://forest.forum2.biz/
Silverst

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Random, Kinda stoopid stuff   How to Play Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:47 pm

This is where you can post stuff about anthing.
Back to top Go down
Rosemoon

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Could somebody help me? How do I PM someone? I can't find any "Message" button on the top of the screen. Question scratch
Back to top Go down
Dawncloud
Kit
Kit
Dawncloud

Number of posts : 1082
Job/hobbies : I'm leaving bye!
Humor : I'm leaving bye!

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:56 pm

That's because you have to register!LOL!
Back to top Go down
none

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: none   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:38 pm

me nejavascript:emoticonp('Crying or Very sad')
Crying or Very sadither! i have to pm bramble shadow the code! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad :crjavascript:emoticonp('scratch')
scratchy: Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
none

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: none   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:40 pm

that is what i did
bounce
Back to top Go down
hunter i

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im mistsoul on dis site
Back to top Go down
Blacksnow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blacksnow

Number of posts : 254
Job/hobbies : soccer

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:35 pm

so................
Back to top Go down
http://forest.forum2.biz/
Browneye

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:03 pm

The site isn't letting me register. Can I have some help?

Browneyes
Back to top Go down
Crystalpaw
Kit
Kit
Crystalpaw

Number of posts : 474
Humor : JELLY BEANS!!!!!
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:22 am

did you check your e-mail...there is an e-mail from the warrior cats and it has an activison code or somthin in it...
Back to top Go down
http://theforestcats.forumotion.com
Browneye

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:46 am

No, but when I click the Register button it says Administrators have forbidden any new members. Does that mean I can never register?

Browneyes
Back to top Go down
Crystalpaw
Kit
Kit
Crystalpaw

Number of posts : 474
Humor : JELLY BEANS!!!!!
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Character sheet
Name:
Health Points:
Clan:

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:28 pm

omg!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://theforestcats.forumotion.com
Browneye

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:35 pm

What?

Browneyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Play   How to Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Warrior Cats :: News and Announcements :: Rules-
Jump to: